Here is a list of countries with a quick blurb about why, I may forget one or two.
- Ireland-great story, business friendly government
- Norway- oil
- Australia & NZ-commodity based economies
- Canada-commodity based economy
- Switzerland-bomb shelter aspect
- South Africa-gold
- Brazil-emerging and commodity
- Chile-emerging, commodity and public pension money going into the stock market
- Austria-check archives or better yet my article on Real Money
- UK- high yield
- China & India-for exactly the reasons you think
- Israel-this is more about one stock that happens to be from Israel (I sold ISL before it got mentioned on TV)
- Mexico-oil and emerging
No client has every country listed. This list could be thought of as my ownership universe.
As for Iceland; oh boy. You need to open an account at a bank in Iceland (which has 19 simple steps, unless you are there visiting), send money and buy whatever it is you want to buy. I know you can do this through Kaupthing Bank but there may be others.